A Great Place to Work!
The 5 Dimensions Trust is committed to making its academies a great place to work, with a strong emphasis on a positive culture, wellbeing and professional development. We aim to grow talent from within and pride ourselves on ensuring all staff have a personalised, exciting 5 year flight path, with our Leadership and Training Centre playing a key role in the support, provision and delivery of highly quality continuing professional development.
In our annual staff survey our staff describe the trust as a place where they can flourish and talk about the benefits of being part of the Trust with passion. They also confirm that we are in the top 20% of schools to work for; and we have a staff turnover across the Trust below the national average.
Why work at 5 Dimensions Trust?
We believe in creating an environment that supports all students in their learning and aim for our students to be engaged, happy and well-rounded. Our ‘Magenta’ approach is embedded across the Trust to ensure our lessons are consistently effective, challenging and inspiring. We also value the importance of developing students to play a positive role within our academies and the wider community through a range of enrichment programmes and an excellent extra-curricular provision. Being a member of staff in the Trust enables colleagues to be part of this enriching environment making a difference to young people’s lives and developing their own professional career.
Benefits and rewards of working for the Trust
- Access to high quality training and support
- The Trust is committed keeping to national terms and conditions
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension or Local Government pension schemes
- Incremental pay progression
- A commitment to the Milton Keynes Voluntary Living Wage (for contracted staff)
- Free parking
The Importance of Wellbeing
We are on a mission to make the Trust the very BEST place to work or study and place the wellbeing of our staff at the forefront of our actions. For example, staff feedback is used to continually refine our systems and processed to try and reduce staff workload.
Our wellbeing provision is enriched through our staff wellbeing programme which includes:
- Access to a fitness suite at Shenley Brook End School
- Health promotion events such as the Cycle to Work scheme
- Friday morning social briefing at Hazeley Academy with breakfast
- Staff tea and coffee provided at Shenley Brook End School available all day
- Social events, such as quiz nights, coffee mornings, bike rides
- Arts and crafts events, such as Bake Off challenge, Christmas wreath making
- Staff sports events across the Trust
- Access to counselling/occupational health
Why work in Milton Keynes?
A recent survey undertaking by leading online recruitment company Glassdoor has put Milton Keynes as the second best place in the country to work. MK is one of the fastest growing, most successful places in the country and offers a great lifestyle.
There’s a wide range of affordable housing within MK and neighbouring villages, a fantastic choice of cultural, retail and leisure destinations, and you’re never more than a few minutes away from parks, nature reserves, woodland and lakes. There are excellent transport links as well, with London and Birmingham just over half an hour away by train.
Becoming a teacher
It is never too late to join the teaching profession or make the career jump. There are many different pathways available to allow aspiring teachers to train and we can provide answers to your questions regarding how you can begin your career with the 5 Dimensions Trust.
We work very closely with teacher training providers and we are known to take on talented individuals who are educated to degree level and have the commitment, passion and drive to become exceptional teachers through our salaried route
You can find out more Information about teaching routes through our training provider partners’ sites:
- The Grand Teacher Union Partnership https://www.gutp.co.uk/
- The Pilgrim Partnership https://www.teachbedford.co.uk/school/the-pilgrim-partnership/
- The Tommy Flowers SCITT https://tommyflowersscitt.co.uk/